Baker Tilly Staples Rodway’s trusted advisors understand the different pressures you face, and keep up to date with new rules, making you aware of tax implications before it’s too late. We are experienced at working closely with property industry leaders, advising and recommending changes to initial plans for better outcomes, and ensuring correct implementation. We also have experience assisting with widely-held property investment entities.
Read more about our specialist property and construction team here.
Our services include:
- Advice on detailed application of New Zealand’s property taxation rules, and how to ensure optimal results are achieved.
- Advice on application of the brightline test.
- GST change of use adjustments.
- Structures for efficient taxation of property income.
- IRD binding rulings on land transactions.
- Assistance dealing with questions from Inland Revenue on audits and disputes.
- Reviewing sale and purchase agreements relating to land and compulsory GST zero-rating.