Baker Tilly Staples Rodway works with clients on strategic assessments of their M&A needs. We utilise our business broking subsidiary, Baker Tilly Transaction Services, to perform industry research and identify investment targets or potential purchasers. We can assist with the initial approach, investigation and acquisition re-evaluation, as well as contract development and negotiation.
Supporting M&A decision making
- Our due diligence reporting provides a thorough review of the in-scope assets and liabilities. We follow up our findings with recommendations and guidance to assist you in your negotiations, or help you prepare for a sale.
- We can assist with valuations of a business, shares and other forms of equity. Our valuations are technically robust and will help you understand the value consequences of different strategies and actions.
- Our capital structuring review of your existing debt and equity structures can help develop a path to optimise your debt/ equity position. We can introduce you to suitable debt providers, and investors that can help grow your business.
- Our dedicated HR consulting team can help you plan and manage the impact on people prior to and during a merger or acquisition to help make the move to your new business model as smooth as possible.
Beyond the deal
- We can help with cashflow modelling and forecasting to determine whether the transaction under review is capable of providing the outcome you are expecting.
- We can assist with purchase price allocations and subsequent impairment testing of new or existing business units.
- Our dispute resolution team can provide support through shareholder, matrimonial, loss of opportunity or other disputes, whether at negotiation or litigation stage.
- We can be your sounding board for directors, management or stakeholders and offer a view of an organisation and its plans independent of internal or other external advisors.