ETS has been with us for a number of years now with full obligations arising for the forestry sector from 1 January 2008. The changing landscape of the ETS will provide the right incentives for forestry over the long term to help take action on climate change and support the transition to a low emissions sustainable future. Forestry is the key sector where benefit can be obtained from the ETS to generate value and wealth.
ETS Administration Support and Carbon Accounting
We can manage and arrange all administrative and mapping tasks associated with the ETS, including:
- Arrange an initial post-1989 forest land eligibility assessment, including mapping and supporting evidence.
- Help with estimating carbon credit (NZU) allocations and potential returns before entering the ETS.
- Register your post-1989 forest land in the ETS.
- Prepare mandatory and voluntary emissions returns.
- We can provide accounting advice specific to the forestry and ETS sector.
- We can assist with structuring and acquisitions.
- We can help with budgeting and project costing.
- We can assist with the preparation of management and statutory financial statements in accordance with the required reporting framework including New Zealand Equivalents to International Financial Reporting Standards (NZ IFRS)
- In-depth understanding of financial reporting and disclosure requirements relating to the sector.
- We can provide taxation advice specific to the forestry and ETS sector.
- Provide updates on legislative change.
- Tax efficient structuring of operations.
- Opinions relating to specific property transactions.
- We can prepare and review income tax returns and all indirect tax returns including GST, FBT, PAYE, RWT, NRWT, etc. for entities of all sizes from large multinational entities to locally owned.
Audit and Assurance
- We can provide a full menu of audit services specific to the forestry and ETS sector including statutory audits and specialised audit services.