Tax Specialist - Hawkes Bay
About the Role
No two days are the same here in the tax team at Baker Tilly Staples Rodway as we work closely with predominately SMEs and individuals to understand their overall business and provide them with tax advice that is tailored to their specific circumstances. Dependent on the experience of the successful applicant, this role may also include other Business Advisory work alongside the preparation of tax advice such as preparation of management reports, cash flow modelling, business plans for clients and involvement with the review of financial statements and tax returns prepared for our clients.
You will be working closely with our Tax Associate, the Business Advisory team in Hawke's Bay and the national Baker Tilly Staples Rodway tax team, and the role will involve:
- A broad range of tax work covering all aspects of tax (including, but not limited to, tax advice relating to land transactions, GST advice and international tax advice) with specialist support when you need it
- Partnering with the Business Advisory team to provide a rounded, full-service offering to existing, well established clients (including written tax advice and other Business Advisory work)
- Autonomy and the chance to establish excellent working relationships across Baker Tilly Staples Rodway firms in New Zealand and the international Baker Tilly network
The Tax Specialist will be proactive, solution focused, and thrive in an environment where delivering pragmatic and accurate advice to clients is paramount.
Important to this role:
- Degree in an Accounting or Law related discipline coupled with Chartered Accountant or CPA qualification, or Admission as Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand
- At least 3 years' post qualification experience (this does not all need to be in tax, however, some tax advisory experience is required)
- An understanding of New Zealand tax legislation as well as "debits and credits"
- Ability to translate complex tax advice into accurate and pragmatic verbal and written advice to clients
- Willingness to develop skills in also providing Business Advisory work to our clients
- Strong client service focus
- Commercial acumen and strategic mindset for influencing and advising clients
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical, flexible and innovative approach to complex problem solving
Baker Tilly Staples Rodway offers a collaborative and progressive workplace environment, a competitive remuneration and benefits package and flexible working arrangements, including the ability to WFH and part time hours.
If this sounds like you please apply or for a confidential initial conversation about this opportunity please contact Adam Caccioppoli on 022 378 9057.
We will be contacting candidates of interest and arranging interviews as people apply, so please apply without delay.