Support Services Manager / Admin Manager
Are you a successful office manager or administration team leader looking for a new challenge? We have a newly created role responsible for leading our Business Support Services team. You’ll work closely alongside, and report to, our Waikato office Chief Executive, as part of our leadership team. Our new strategy is focussed on building a high performing team & culture to provide valued advice that helps our clients thrive. To assist our new strategy gain traction, this role will have a focus on the smooth running of our office, and administration team.
You’ll be an exemplar in efficient and effective delivery of support services and a master in ‘kaizen’ - continual improvement will have been your trademark. The exact scope of the role will be shaped to compliment our team and your strengths too – ideally you’ll bring hands on experience in some or all of these business support functions for the smooth operation of a medium sized business including HR administration, Marketing, Business planning and reporting, IT, Payroll/accounts admin etc. You’ll be a people person with a high service ethic. We’re looking for a ‘feet on the ground’ leader, skilled in influencing others and able to lead team members to be the best they can be. You’ll be comfortable rolling up your sleeves, doing some of the “hands on” business administration tasks needed, as a team player, someone that can ‘walk the talk’ will definitely appeal to our team. You’ll be tech savvy and familiar with implementing modern technology/systems solutions and making workflow process improvements across a wider business.
Ideally you will bring:
- At least 5 years of business support and admin team experience.
- At least 2 years of team leader experience, with a servant leadership style and high emotional intelligence.
- A track record of getting the best out of people, including the ability to pass on your knowledge.
- A professional client/customer service ethic.
- Prior experience in client focussed, deadline driven environment where you have led projects that have added value.
- Digitally savvy, with an track record of implementing a software or system for improving efficiency.
- Experience maintaining, improving & redesigning systems/processes.
- Experience in managing workflow/capacity for yourself and your team.
- Supporting workflow management in a professional services firm or similar business will be an advantage.
Baker Tilly Staples Rodway Waikato is a proudly locally owned accounting & advisory firm based in the heart of Hamilton’s CBD in the Mighty Waikato. As part of Baker Tilly family we harness global expertise & connections across 126 offices worldwide to help our clients businesses thrive. Locally we value people with a Growth Mindset, who put the Team 1st and enjoy being part of a Connected Family who Walk The Talk, embrace High Performance and enjoy Flexibility. We believe in valued client relationships, engaged enabled people and everyone playing their part in building a respected local brand.
To apply for the above position or find out more, please email our HR team firstname.lastname@example.org or to discuss the opportunity confidentially please call Kate Julian on +64 (9) 968 9195. Please note that our office is closed from 23 December 2020 - 14 January 2021.